Test Your SHANGHAIED Knowledge!
***** 57 OUT OF 57!!!!*****
Uffda ! You are one Smart Cookie!
We title you ASOC TRIVIA KING OR QUEEN!
***** 41-56 *****
Ok Ya Know your stuff. We name you ASOC TRIVIA PRINCE OR PRINCESS
But do you know how many actors it takes to change a light bulb?
(Answer: 101, One to change the bulb and 100 to stand around and applaud)
***** 31-40 *****
That’s pretty darn good too!
You are a ASOC TRIVIA SMARTIE PANTS!
***** 15-30 *****
All - Righty then!
Not bad, not bad we Name you ASOC TRIVIA NOT SO BAD, YA KNOW!
***** 0-14 *****
So, Trivia is not your strong suit eh?
Well then, Have you thought of trying your hand at Acting?
ASTOR STREET OPRY COMPANY TRIVIA
1. When was the first year The Astor Street Opry was incorporated?
2. What was it’s original name?
3. What year was Shanghaied first performed?
4. Who was Shanghaied’s first director?
5. Where was it first performed?
6. Where did it perform it’s 2nd season?
7. Name three other musicals the ASOC has produced over the years?
8. In Shanghaied who says “That is if you can keep the tail lit!”
9. What nationality is the hero Eric Olsen?
10. What song do Virginia and Eric sing to each other, in the last scene of Shanghaied In Astoria?
11. Tell one “Ole” joke
12. What’s a Bimbo?
13. Who says “Don’t touch the Cape”?
14. Where did Eric Olsen go when he & his mama went on a long trip?
15. Who was the first Mama Olsen?
16. Approximately how many sponsors does ASOC have each year?
17. How many years has Shanghaied been running?
18. What’s an “Olio”?
19. Name one Olio performer.
20. What does it mean to be “Macied?”
21. Name a local celebrity that has performed in Shanghaied.
22. For bonus point, what role did the play?
23. Name three other shows the ASOC produced this year besides Shanghaied.
24. What is the full name of the Shanghaied Villain?
25. What heritage are Yakko and Eino?
26. What other original melodrama does ASOC produce each year?
27. Where does Mark Castle hail from?
28. How long does the ASOC have to purchase the building they are in as a permanent home?
29. Name one song performed by Banjo man Dave Bennett.
30. Sing the first line of the opening song of Shanghaied In Astoria.
31. Who wrote the original songs for SCROOGED IN ASTORIA?
32. Where do Miss Marcie and her girls live?
33. How many volunteers have been a part of the ASOC through the years?
34. Where does Eric get Shanghaied?
35. How does Eric escape his captors?
36. Who finally captures Krooke?
37. Uff-da! What kind of a name is Virginia?
38. What color is the ASOC Playhouse?
39. Name one Ghost that visit Krooke in SCROOGED?
40. What color is Sneake tongue?
41. Why is Captain Jack in town?
42. There are two names for the concession stand called at the ASOC Playhouse, name one.
43. Who does Captain Jack want to go visit?
44. Who is the sponsor for the 2009 25th Anniversary show of SHANGHAIED IN ASTORIA?
45. If Eric is Norwegian, what heritage is Yakko and Eino?
46. Why is Miss Macie going to the Midsummer festival?
47. Name the one of the four locations the ASOC has called home. (bonus if you can name all four!)
48. Name one upcoming production for the ASOC.
49. Where will Eric & Virginia meet at the Midsummer festival?
50. Where will Mark Castle be buying Ice Cream for everybody?
51. What heritage are the sailors?
52. How many raffle baskets are given out each summer?
53. How many seats are in the ASOC Playhouse?
54. Who painted the original backdrops for SHANGHAIED?
55. Name one musician who wrote any of the original songs for SHANGAHIED?
56. What was the ASOC Playhouse before it was out Theater?
57. Why do people love SHANGHAIED?
2. Answer:New Horizons Arts Counsel
3. Answer: 1985.
4. Answer:Dr. Del Corbett.
5. Answer:The Astoria Eagles Hall
6. Answer: John Jacob Astor Hotel lobby
7. Answer:Oliver, Wizard of OZ, Cinderella, Gypsy, Sound of Music, Valentines Show, St Urho Shanghaied.
8. Answer:Mama Olsen and Eino!
10. Answer:Let me Call you Sweetheart.
11. Answer: many if they got one, it is probably true!
12. Answer: the Souvenir Salespeople.
13. Answer: Max Krooke Jr., The Villain.
14. Answer: Seaside.
15. Answer: Edna Packard.
16. Answer: 250 or more!
17. Answer: 25 this summer!
18. Answer: An ASOC vaudeville show and the opening acts for Shanghaied, or a spicy mixture of meat and vegetables.
19. Answer: Franko, LaMar Blackner, Deac Guidi, ChrisLynn Taylor, Michael Wangen, Dave Bennett & there are more!
20. Answer: When Miss Macie’s, kisses you during her song and gives you a nuzzle.
21. Answer: Mayor: Willis Van Dusen, District attorney: Josh Marquis, Police Chief: Rob DeuPree.
22. Answer: Willis Josh and Rob=Sheriff, Rob= Sheriff, Mc and Castle.
23. Answer: Prisoner of 2nd Avenue, Top Girl, Mark Twain Stories, GODSPELL or Charlotte’s Web.
24. Answer: Maxwell Krooke Jr. (a middle name has never been exposed).
25. Answer: Finnish.
26. Answer: Scrooged In Astoria!
27. Answer: San Francisco!
28. Answer: Until Fall 2010!
29. Answer: the Logger, Anne Bolin, Sweeny Todd, She was poor but she was honest.
30. Answer: Until Fall 2010.
31. Answer: “A Midsummer’s day in a Fishing town, tonight we celebrate!”
32. Answer: Philip Morrill.
33. Answer: Astor Street.
34. Answer: Over 1200
35. Answer: Vivian’s Saloon.
36. Answer: They forget about him and leave him on the dock!
37. Answer: No one, he escapes!
38. Answer: Nobody knows….
39. Answer: Green!
40. Answer: Big Krooke is the Ghost of Christmas Past, Miss Macie is the Ghost of Christmas presents and Saint Lucia is the Ghost of Christmas Future
41. Answer: Green!
42. Answer: He is looking for some good Crew!
43. Answer: Miss Vivian’s Saloon and Miss Virginia Sweet Soda Fountain.
44. Answer: That sturdy Mrs. Olsen.
45. Answer: FRED MEYER STORE!
46. Answer: Finnish!
47. Answer: Cause it “Pays to Advertise”.
48. Answer: The Astoria Eagles Hall, John Jacob Astor Hotel lobby, The Finnish Meat Market and The ASOC Playhouse.
49. Answer: GODSPELL, SHANGHAIED IN ASTORIA, JUNIOR SHANGAHIED IN ASTORIA, TOPSY TURVEY SHANGHAIED and SCROOGED IN ASTORIA.
50. Answer:At the Midsummer Pole.
51. Answer: The Louve.
52. Answer: Irish
53. Answer: 180 (closest guess wins).
54. Answer: Egil Unader-Sarin
55. Answer: Liam Dunne, David Bennett, Edna Packard, Roger Martin, Twilo Scofield and Jean Miller.
56. Answer: Roy’s Maytag & Laundry Matt
57. Answer: There are many reasons but one is THE MAGIC OF ASTORIA IS REAL!